Magnificent seven's fancy footwork
WE go back 21 years for this week s Days of the Old School Yard when young dancers trouped off with a clutch of trophies. It was back in 1988 when months of hard work paid off handsomely for pupils from the Jean-netts Dancing School in Bryant Street, Stra
WE go back 21 years for this week's Days of the Old School Yard when young dancers trouped off with a clutch of trophies.
It was back in 1988 when months of hard work paid off handsomely for pupils from the Jean-netts Dancing School in Bryant Street, Stratford.
They waltzed off with most of the major prizes at the Dance World London championships.
"We always seem to come out tops," said the proud boss of the school Jean Brooks.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured in our shot from way back then, with their ages back then are, left to right:
Janet Butler, 11, intermediate class - first in modern dance, second in ballet and third in character dance; Natalie Bookes, eight, junior class - first in character dance, first song and dance; Julie-Ann McCarthy, 15, senior open - top overall in acrobatics.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 5 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 6 Timeline: Who was Stephen Port and when were his murders uncovered?
- 7 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 8 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
Pictured in the front is Victoria Busfield, six, baby class - top marks for tap; song and dance, acrobatics, modern dance, ballet, cabaret, and classical ballet.
Then continuing from left: Andrea East, seven, juniors - third, acrobatics; Karen Ling, 13, seniors - third in national dance; Peter Filtness, seven, juniors - second in character dance.