Man assaults ex-girlfriend in Dagenham pub
A man pleaded guilty to hitting his ex-girlfriend in a Dagenham pub after footage of the attack was caught on CCTV.
Franko Bushati, 34, agreed to meet his ex at the Three Travellers pub to pick up belongings he’d left at her home.
Prosecuting, Paul Nagle told Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, October 9: “She came with the belongings in a bag and he asked to speak to her outside.
“She refused so he pushed her and punched her in the face. Then he left the pub and the police were called.”
Mr Nagle explained the victim refused to give a statement but officers “interrogated” the pub’s CCTV.
Representing, Miss Vnenyiora said it should be noted that “it was actually two slaps to the face”.
Chairman of the bench, Paul Wilson, explained Bushati is already on conditional bail and must not contact the victim at her Barking address.
- 1 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 2 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 3 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 4 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 5 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Dagenham boss McMahon 'delighted' with victory over Grimsby
- 8 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Dagenham get back to winning ways at home to Grimsby
He added: “This is regarded as domestic violence which is taken very seriously by the courts now.
“You must now cooperate while the probation officer prepares a report which will give us more information about you.”
A report is being prepared on Bushati and sentencing is due to take place on October 30.