Man beaten with bats and poles
A MAN was hunted down and brutally beaten by a masked cricket-bat wielding gang. The 25-year-old Asian was attacked in Primrose Avenue, Chadwell Heath, just before midnight on Saturday. He managed to clamber into his BMW car and drive away, but the gang q
A MAN was hunted down and brutally beaten by a masked cricket-bat wielding gang.
The 25-year-old Asian was attacked in Primrose Avenue, Chadwell Heath, just before midnight on Saturday.
He managed to clamber into his BMW car and drive away, but the gang quickly followed.
He was then stopped at the junction of Percy Road and Eastwood Road, Goodmayes, and the gang attacked again.
You may also want to watch:
The gang, who covered their faces with masks and scarves and carried cricket bats, batons and metal poles, left him with a broken left arm and deep cuts.
He was taken to Queen's Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford, and has been unable to tell the police how many men attacked him, or give them any kind of description.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 4 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 10 Hospice sister on supporting patients with 'lifeline' video calls
Witnesses reported seeing the man lying on the pavement "covered in blood".
Officers from the Redbridge Borough Intelligence Unit are investigating and say they have had "quite a few" calls from witnesses already.
Anyone with information is urged to call Det Sgt Simon Giles on 020 8345 2714.