Man beaten with bats and poles
A MAN was hunted down and brutally beaten by a masked cricket-bat wielding gang. The 25-year-old Asian was attacked in Primrose Avenue, Chadwell Heath, just before midnight on Saturday. He managed to clamber into his BMW car and drive away, but the gang q
A MAN was hunted down and brutally beaten by a masked cricket-bat wielding gang.
The 25-year-old Asian was attacked in Primrose Avenue, Chadwell Heath, just before midnight on Saturday.
He managed to clamber into his BMW car and drive away, but the gang quickly followed.
He was then stopped at the junction of Percy Road and Eastwood Road, Goodmayes, and the gang attacked again.
You may also want to watch:
The gang, who covered their faces with masks and scarves and carried cricket bats, batons and metal poles, left him with a broken left arm and deep cuts.
He was taken to Queen's Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford, and has been unable to tell the police how many men attacked him, or give them any kind of description.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Businesses urged to comply with new food labelling law
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
Witnesses reported seeing the man lying on the pavement "covered in blood".
Officers from the Redbridge Borough Intelligence Unit are investigating and say they have had "quite a few" calls from witnesses already.
Anyone with information is urged to call Det Sgt Simon Giles on 020 8345 2714.