Man beaten with bats and poles
A MAN was hunted down and brutally beaten by a masked cricket-bat wielding gang. The 25-year-old Asian was attacked in Primrose Avenue, Chadwell Heath, just before midnight on Saturday. He managed to clamber into his BMW car and drive away, but the gang q
A MAN was hunted down and brutally beaten by a masked cricket-bat wielding gang.
The 25-year-old Asian was attacked in Primrose Avenue, Chadwell Heath, just before midnight on Saturday.
He managed to clamber into his BMW car and drive away, but the gang quickly followed.
He was then stopped at the junction of Percy Road and Eastwood Road, Goodmayes, and the gang attacked again.
The gang, who covered their faces with masks and scarves and carried cricket bats, batons and metal poles, left him with a broken left arm and deep cuts.
He was taken to Queen's Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford, and has been unable to tell the police how many men attacked him, or give them any kind of description.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
Witnesses reported seeing the man lying on the pavement "covered in blood".
Officers from the Redbridge Borough Intelligence Unit are investigating and say they have had "quite a few" calls from witnesses already.
Anyone with information is urged to call Det Sgt Simon Giles on 020 8345 2714.