Maybe Tomorrow community show
MAYBE Tomorrow is a major community performance project across Barking and Dagenham and surrounding boroughs – a partnership between The Broadway theatre, Barking, and Brick Lane-based Kazzum Arts Project. It is a story of a thousand discoveries, a thousa
MAYBE Tomorrow is a major community performance project across Barking and Dagenham and surrounding boroughs - a partnership between The Broadway theatre, Barking, and Brick Lane-based Kazzum Arts Project.
It is a story of a thousand discoveries, a thousand journeys.
The project began in November, 2008 and was designed to get local people active and performing in a new professional piece of theatre, created and written for them.
Sessions focused on drama and storytelling with family groups and individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. As well as positions on stage, there were also many opportunities to work behind the scenes, with lighting, marketing, stage design and set building.
You may also want to watch:
This is a chance for audiences to celebrate the amazing achievement of local people.
The show runs from tomorrow (Thursday) to Saturday at the theatre in Broadway, Barking, 7.30pm.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years