Medals galore for Swords
NEWHAM SWORDS started the year in fine style by taking three bronze medals at last weekend s British Youth Championships at RAF Cosford in Wolverhampton. In the boys under-16 age group, Amol Rattan took bronze after losing to the eventual winner, and num
NEWHAM SWORDS started the year in fine style by taking three bronze medals at last weekend's British Youth Championships at RAF Cosford in Wolverhampton.
In the boys' under-16 age group, Amol Rattan took bronze after losing to the eventual winner, and number one seed, Alex Tofalides.
Don Isiko came third in the boys' under-18s after losing to the eventual winner and GB international, Tom Hendry, while in the girls' under-14s, Ife Kubler lost on the last hit to eventual winner, Ayesha Fihosy, whom she beat in December to win the Newham National Junior Event.
"This is a great start to the year and fantastic preparation for this month's junior internationals," remarked Newham Swords manager, Linda Strachan.
Alex Savin and Ife Kubler will now travel to Paris next weekend to compete for England in an under-15 international, whilst Amol Rattan travels to Bratislava to compete for Great Britain in an under-17 international.
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 9 Dagenham hoping to get players back from injury during break
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today