Melligan off Adams in?
ORIENT striker JJ Melligan has left the club after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent, at the winger s own request. The 27-year-old, whose deal was up at the end of the season, made 77 starts for the club and 20 more from the bench, netting a to
ORIENT striker JJ Melligan has left the club after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent, at the winger's own request.
The 27-year-old, whose deal was up at the end of the season, made 77 starts for the club and 20 more from the bench, netting a total of nine goals following his move from Cheltenham Town in July 2007.
O's boss Geraint Williams explained: "JJ's agent got in touch with Matt Porter and asked if we would cancel his contract. I was happy for him to stay."
It makes it even more important for Williams to keep winger Nicky Adams, whose loan spell is up after Saturday's game.
You may also want to watch:
Williams admitted: "He has done well and we would love Nicky to stay. We are speaking to Leicester and will have to see how it progresses, but we would love to extend the loan.
"Nicky has fitted in well with the lads and if everyone is happy hopefully we can sort something out, but Leicester may want to recall him.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not a matter of shifting blame': Port victim's family receives another apology from detectives on case
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Police failed to flag up 'significant' incident
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock