Men bailed for Dagenham schoolboy stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Two men arrested by detectives investigating the murder of Dagenham schoolboy Joel Adesina were released on bail this morning.
The men, aged 24 and 23, have been bailed to a date in mid-January.
It comes after a 24-year-old woman arrested by detectives investigating the murder was bailed last night to a date in late January.
Joel, 15, was stabbed in the stomach in Bethnal Green on Friday night and died in hospital a few hours later. Post-mortem results showed that he died due to a stab wound to the liver.
The teenager had been walking with friends near Bethnal Green Road when they got into an argument just before 11pm. The group were pursued into Padbury Court where Joel was then stabbed.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are still appealing for information.
The incident room can be contacted on 020 8345 3734. Alternatively anyone with information can call the police non-emergency line on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 7 Comedian: 'Outrage at protests is why they work'
- 8 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 9 Dagenham seal empathic comeback to thrash Solihull Moors
- 10 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award