Mickleburgh signs deal with Essex
ESSEX batsman Jaik Mickleburgh has signed a contract extension which will see him remain at Chelmsford until at least 2012. The 19-year-old, who made his first-class debut in 2008, scored 138 runs in four County Championship matches this season, with a t
ESSEX batsman Jaik Mickleburgh has signed a contract extension which will see him remain at Chelmsford until at least 2012.
The 19-year-old, who made his first-class debut in 2008, scored 138 runs in four County Championship matches this season, with a top score of 62.
"I am obviously delighted to be committing myself to Essex for the next three years," said Mickleburgh.
"I feel there are promising times ahead with a good mixture of young and experienced players at the club.
"Hopefully there are more trophies to be won just around the corner and I aim to play a big part in achieving that.
"I am currently working hard in the gym, where I am getting back to full fitness. I will be heading off to South Africa in January with the England Performance Squad.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 3 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 4 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 5 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 6 Dagenham & Redbridge rally to win at Weymouth
- 7 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
- 8 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 9 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 10 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
"This is a great opportunity for me to improve upon my skills and to be at the standard required for the 2010 season."
Head coach Paul Grayson added: "We are dellighted that Jaik has signed a contract extension with Essex.
"He is a talented young batsman and one of the best prospects in the country.
"A knee injury sustained midway through the season set him back a bit, but he still has a lot to offer this county.