Miller: We should have sewn up victory
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE midfielder Adam Miller admitted that he and the rest of the side were shell-shocked after losing to Rochdale on Saturday. Daggers had led 1-0 at the break thanks to Peter Gain s early strike, but were rocked in the second half as Kall
by MIKE SIMMONDS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE midfielder Adam Miller admitted that he and the rest of his team-mates were shell-shocked after losing to Rochdale on Saturday.
Daggers had led 1-0 at the break thanks to Peter Gain's early strike, but were rocked in the second half as Kallum Higginbotham and Craig Dawson ensured Dale too all three points.
"We should have had the game tied up, everyone knows that and that's not being cocky or arrogant, it's proof," said Miller, who is on loan from League One Gillingham.
"We should have had the game tied up in first 45 minutes if not the first hour.
"It should have been 2-0 or 3-0 and then it's good night and we stay top of the league.
- 1 Man in 50s in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
"They didn't get out of their half and didn't get into our box and that's no disrespect to Rochdale as they are a proven team at this level.
"I felt so confident and the boys did as a unit that it was going to be a massive three points on the board, but a three points that we grafted for and deserved it."
Daggers had their chances to put the game beyond their opponents, with Will Antwi hitting the post, while Josh Scott wasted a glorious chance in the second half, shooting wide, when he should have squared to either Miller or Paul Benson.
"Josh should have rolled it to me or 'Benno', but I'm not going to knock Josh as he's an unbelievable talent," added Miller.
"I don't know how old he is but he can definitely play at a higher level and I'm sure he will.
"If there had been a cooler head in there, might well have spotted a cross and its 2-0 goodnight and they're going back up north with nothing."
"I think Will should have scored a couple too, and I only say that because I know how good Will is in the air.
"We maybe lacked the final ball at times, and that's one of the defining things in this league, the end product."
Read the Post tomorrow to find out just why Adam Miller wants to extend his stay with Daggers
If you would like to comment on this story, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Post is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Post_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.