Millwall open their doors
MILLWALL Rugby Club is offering its first ever Rugby Fridays training programme for young players over the summer holidays. Every Friday, starting on July 31, the Isle of Dogs club will hold the sessions which are run by Rugby Football Union-qualified c
MILLWALL Rugby Club is offering its first ever 'Rugby Fridays' training programme for young players over the summer holidays.
Every Friday, starting on July 31, the Isle of Dogs club will hold the sessions which are run by Rugby Football Union-qualified coaches and completely free of charge.
The club's youth chairman, Matt Shorrock, said: "We're very much aware that children need activities all year round, not just during the rugby season, so Rugby Fridays is a way for us to start providing these opportunities.
"Through the support of Canary Wharf Group and Access Sport, we've been able to put together a full programme of rugby activities.
"These include a one-week rugby camp at the end of August, that we hope with help grow rugby within the whole of Tower Hamlets."
The sessions will take place on July 31, August 7, 14 and 21 with morning sessions for eight-to-12-year-olds taking place from 9.30am to noon, and a later session from 1pm to 4pm for 13-to-17-year-olds.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 4 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 5 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge relishing first friendly says Rance
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 10 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
Anyone who signs up online before July 31 will receive a free MRFC mini rugby ball - to book a place on the course visit.