Mini Shepherd's Pies
HERE S something tasty for the family and a credit crunch beater to boot – mini shepherd s pies using New Zealand lamb. Preparation time: 20 minutesCooking time: 1 hour Serves: 2 Ingredients: 225g/8oz New Zealand Lamb mince 1 small onion, chopped 200g
HERE'S something tasty for the family and a credit crunch beater to boot - mini shepherd's pies using New Zealand lamb.
Preparation time: 20 minutesCooking time: 1 hour
You may also want to watch:
225g/8oz New Zealand Lamb mince
1 small onion, chopped
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
200g can tomatoes
5ml/1tsp tomato puree
1 clove garlic crushed
5ml/1tspdried mixed herbs
220g can baked beans
225g/8oz potatoes, roughly chopped
175-225g/6-8oz parsnips, roughly chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
Pre heat oven to 190�C/375�F/Gas Mark 5
Dry fry the mince and onion until brown. Add in the canned tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic and mixed herbs and bring the mixture to the boil. Season well, reduce the heat and simmer the meat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until cooked. Stir in the baked beans and divide the base between two individual pie dishes.
Meanwhile cook the potatoes and parsnips together in boiling salted water for 20 -30 minutes until soft and then drain. Mash them until smooth, stir in the butter, check for seasoning then spread the mixture on top of the pies. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (or as an alternative kettle chips) then bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown and heated through.
Cook's tips! Frozen mince can be dry fried from frozen
For lots more great recipe ideas visit www.nzlambrecipes.info
For more information/images call the New Zealand Lamb press office on 020 7432 0788 or