Mini Shepherd's Pies
HERE S something tasty for the family and a credit crunch beater to boot – mini shepherd s pies using New Zealand lamb. Preparation time: 20 minutesCooking time: 1 hour Serves: 2 Ingredients: 225g/8oz New Zealand Lamb mince 1 small onion, chopped 200g
HERE'S something tasty for the family and a credit crunch beater to boot - mini shepherd's pies using New Zealand lamb.
Preparation time: 20 minutesCooking time: 1 hour
You may also want to watch:
225g/8oz New Zealand Lamb mince
1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 2 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 3 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 4 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 5 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 9 London Assembly member seeks Met assurances over Euro 2020 'disorder'
- 10 Barking and Dagenham district girls fall short in final against Woking
200g can tomatoes
5ml/1tsp tomato puree
1 clove garlic crushed
5ml/1tspdried mixed herbs
220g can baked beans
225g/8oz potatoes, roughly chopped
175-225g/6-8oz parsnips, roughly chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
Pre heat oven to 190�C/375�F/Gas Mark 5
Dry fry the mince and onion until brown. Add in the canned tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic and mixed herbs and bring the mixture to the boil. Season well, reduce the heat and simmer the meat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until cooked. Stir in the baked beans and divide the base between two individual pie dishes.
Meanwhile cook the potatoes and parsnips together in boiling salted water for 20 -30 minutes until soft and then drain. Mash them until smooth, stir in the butter, check for seasoning then spread the mixture on top of the pies. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (or as an alternative kettle chips) then bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown and heated through.
Cook's tips! Frozen mince can be dry fried from frozen
For lots more great recipe ideas visit www.nzlambrecipes.info
For more information/images call the New Zealand Lamb press office on 020 7432 0788 or