Brundle praises ‘togetherness’ after scoring winner against Aldershot
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Mitch Brundle praised Dagenham & Redbridge’s “togetherness” after netting the winner in the 1-0 victory at Aldershot Town on Saturday.
The midfielder swept home substitute Myles Weston's pass in the 86th minute to snatch the points for the Daggers - his second goal in three games.
Speaking after the win, Brundle said: "It was a great counter-attack and a great team goal for us.
"For it to come in the 86th minute, there's no better way of winning a game.
"It shows that togetherness and desire we had to get in the box and make it hard for them to pick up runners.
You may also want to watch:
"It's always nice that you've got players coming off the bench who are encouraging you when they're not on the pitch but when they are on the pitch they come on and try to make a real impact.
"That's what we need. We need that togetherness.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
"It's not always the starting 11 that's going to win you the game."