Model's confidence hit by competition fiasco
WINNING a modelling contest has devastated the confidence of an aspiring model after she had to chase her prize for months. Summa Daines, 15, of Mayfield Road, Dagenham, was overjoyed when she won the Under-16s Face of Barking and Dagenham modelling compe
WINNING a modelling contest has devastated the confidence of an aspiring model after she had to chase her prize for months.
Summa Daines, 15, of Mayfield Road, Dagenham, was overjoyed when she won the Under-16s Face of Barking and Dagenham modelling competition last summer.
The contest was organised by the Fashion Enter store in Vicarage Field, Barking, in collaboration with not-for-profit organisation Fashion Capital, trying to promote up-and-coming designers and models.
The prize apparently included a �150 clothing voucher, a modelling contract and a professional photo shoot.
Jack Marshall, Summa's dad, said: "I rung Syreeta McQueen from Fashion Enter before Christmas. She said there was a photo shoot that Saturday. I never heard anything back from her."
After the POST contacted Fashion Enter last week, company director Jenny Holloway called Mr Marshall and told him that Summa could go into the Barking shop and pick up her �150 worth of shopping and that a photo shoot had been booked for January 29.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 4 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 6 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 8 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 9 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 10 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
Mr Marshall said: "It's not just about the prize - it's the effect it has had on Summa.
"It's knocked her confidence. There was a big hype about it. She got nothing out of it.