Monday's big match preview
West Ham Utd v WBA Monday, March 16, 8pm Upton Park MONDAY S game at Upton Park should be a comfortable three points for West Ham United. West Brom have the worst goal difference and worst defence in the Premiership, winning only one game away from the Ha
West Ham Utd v WBA
Monday, March 16, 8pm
MONDAY'S game at Upton Park should be a comfortable three points for West Ham United.
You may also want to watch:
West Brom have the worst goal difference and worst defence in the Premiership, winning only one game away from the Hawthorns in the league.
In the cumbersome Leon Barnett, the Baggies posses a centre half to rival even Paul McShane of Sunderland as the league's worst defender and if he plays, the Hammers strike-force should have a field day.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
To be fair even if he is missing, the Hammers should have little trouble unlocking the West Brom back-line, despite the probable return of Swede Jonas Olsen.
England goalkeeper Scott Carson is without doubt a fine shot-stopper, but as he has proved at both club and international level, his handling at times is erratic.
Unfortunately for the midlands club, their problems don't end there.
Going forward they have been praised for their neat, passing football and boss Tony Mowbray is keen for that to continue.
Sadly, despite their attractive style of play they lack a cutting edge. Midfielder Jonathan Greening is an able Premiership footballer who has good ability to pick a pass, but only six goals on the road all season tells its own story.
Roman Bednar, Ishmael Miller, Luke Moore, Jay Simpson and Craig Beattie have all been selected to lead West Brom's line this season, but none has consistently found the target.
Simpson, in fairness, has looked lively since joining the club on loan from Arsenal in January, and a partnership with another January arrival, Marc-Antoine Fortune, could give problems to Matthew Upson and co.
Fortune is also on loan and has impressed so far. He has found the net twice in seven starts and has shown a keen eye for goal, so it will be key that West Ham keep him with his back to goal, as he is a good finisher.
If they do that, they are unlikely to concede and against a team who concede on average two goals a game, anything but a win would be a very poor result.
PROBABLE TEAM: Carson, Zuiverloon, Meite, Barrett, Robinson, Morrison, Koren, Greening, Brunt, Simpson, Fortune.
West Ham 3 West Brom 0.