Montano stars in five star win
West Ham 5 Bristol City 0 WEST HAM under-18s stormed back to their best form with a 5-0 blitzing of Bristol City at Little Heath on Friday. With the reserve team season now over, many of the youngsters who had been playing at the higher level, returned to
West Ham 5 Bristol City 0
WEST HAM under-18s stormed back to their best form with a 5-0 blitzing of Bristol City at Little Heath on Friday.
With the reserve team season now over, many of the youngsters who had been playing at the higher level, returned to the fold and Bristol City were to feel the full force in a one-sided FA Academy League inter-group encounter.
Colombian-born striker Cristian Montano (above) opened the scoring, before Georg Grasser made it 2-0 before the break.
You may also want to watch:
The second half proved even more one-sided and Montano added a second, sandwiched between strikes from Daniel Kearns and Anthony Edgar, to help the Hammers to a 5-0 win.
Academy director, Tony Carr was delighted: "It was a resounding win in the end," he said. "We could have won by a lot more, but it was a good win and a lot closer in the first half than it was in the second.
- 1 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 2 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 3 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 4 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 5 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 9 London Assembly member seeks Met assurances over Euro 2020 'disorder'
- 10 Barking and Dagenham district girls fall short in final against Woking
"Once we got the third, it was a question of how many we were going to score."
West Ham travel to Spurs on Saturday for their final game of the season.
West Ham: Street, Driver, Brown (Fry 45) McNaughton, Sanchez, Barrett, Kearns, Grasser, Abdulla (Bajner 65), Montano, Edgar (Okus 65).