Performing twins from Barking impress US talent coach
- Credit: Archant
A set of dancing and singing twins from Barking have been scouted by a US talent coach.
Mandy Stone, who lives in Blake Avenue, sent a video of nine-year-old Amy and Angel to a scout in America.
The girls were invited to an audition for a bootcamp in Basildon, where Angel sang and Amy performed a dance routine.
“I didn’t dream that I would get a phone call,” Mandy said.
“Amy was overwhelmed, she couldn’t believe it. Angel was just stuck there, she couldn’t move.”
You may also want to watch:
The twins, who attend Monteagle School, haven’t always wanted to be performers, but after being bullied and losing their grandparents, Mandy said musical theatre became a way to express themselves. They enrolled at the Pauline Quirke Academy in Bow nine months ago, and have just received distinctions in their grade two musical theatre exams.
Next year, the girls will spend two weeks at a performing bootcamp before auditioning in front of US agents. If they impress, they could win a scholarship to an American performing arts academy.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 5 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds