Motorbike crashes after police pursuit
A POLICE chase ended with a motorcyclist crashing his bike metres away from children walking home from school, according to shocked residents. Witnesses say the man was being pursued by police down Lodge Avenue, Dagenham when he collided with a van
A POLICE chase ended with a motorcyclist crashing his bike metres away from children walking home from school, according to shocked residents.
Witnesses say the man was being pursued by police down Lodge Avenue, Dagenham when he collided with a van near the Roundhouse Pub, at around 4pm on Monday.
Paramedics were called and the 27-year-old man was taken to Queens Hospital, Romford with back and wrist injuries.
Barking and Dagenham Police has confirmed a police vehicle was involved in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Shelly Haydon, assistant manager of the Roundhouse Pub, said: "I went out just after the crash had happened and saw the man lying at the bus stop. His motor bike was further up the road. An ambulance was there within minutes.
"A customer told me the motorcyclist was being chased by police, which worries me because there were so many children walking home from school then.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 3 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
"I don't think they should be chasing people at that time of day - it's too dangerous."
Lodge Avenue and Porters Avenue were closed temporarily and traffic diverted.