Motorbike crashes after police pursuit
A POLICE chase ended with a motorcyclist crashing his bike metres away from children walking home from school, according to shocked residents. Witnesses say the man was being pursued by police down Lodge Avenue, Dagenham when he collided with a van
A POLICE chase ended with a motorcyclist crashing his bike metres away from children walking home from school, according to shocked residents.
Witnesses say the man was being pursued by police down Lodge Avenue, Dagenham when he collided with a van near the Roundhouse Pub, at around 4pm on Monday.
Paramedics were called and the 27-year-old man was taken to Queens Hospital, Romford with back and wrist injuries.
Barking and Dagenham Police has confirmed a police vehicle was involved in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Shelly Haydon, assistant manager of the Roundhouse Pub, said: "I went out just after the crash had happened and saw the man lying at the bus stop. His motor bike was further up the road. An ambulance was there within minutes.
"A customer told me the motorcyclist was being chased by police, which worries me because there were so many children walking home from school then.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
"I don't think they should be chasing people at that time of day - it's too dangerous."
Lodge Avenue and Porters Avenue were closed temporarily and traffic diverted.