Motorbike crashes after police pursuit
A POLICE chase ended with a motorcyclist crashing his bike metres away from children walking home from school, according to shocked residents. Witnesses say the man was being pursued by police down Lodge Avenue, Dagenham when he collided with a van
A POLICE chase ended with a motorcyclist crashing his bike metres away from children walking home from school, according to shocked residents.
Witnesses say the man was being pursued by police down Lodge Avenue, Dagenham when he collided with a van near the Roundhouse Pub, at around 4pm on Monday.
Paramedics were called and the 27-year-old man was taken to Queens Hospital, Romford with back and wrist injuries.
Barking and Dagenham Police has confirmed a police vehicle was involved in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Shelly Haydon, assistant manager of the Roundhouse Pub, said: "I went out just after the crash had happened and saw the man lying at the bus stop. His motor bike was further up the road. An ambulance was there within minutes.
"A customer told me the motorcyclist was being chased by police, which worries me because there were so many children walking home from school then.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
"I don't think they should be chasing people at that time of day - it's too dangerous."
Lodge Avenue and Porters Avenue were closed temporarily and traffic diverted.