Move fails to halt McAleese
YORK HALL regular Pat McAleese moved away from the Bethnal Green venue for the first time on Saturday night, but it did not stop his victory march as he recorded his seventh straight success. McAleese, trained by Johnny Eames at Canning Town s Ultrachem T
YORK HALL regular Pat McAleese moved away from the Bethnal Green venue for the first time on Saturday night, but it did not stop his victory march as he recorded his seventh straight success.
McAleese, trained by Johnny Eames at Canning Town's Ultrachem TKO Gym, appeared on the bill at the Liquid and Envy night club, Redhill, where he scored a fourth-round win over Cambridge rival Louis Byrne.
Light-middleweight McAleese took early control as he dominated the opening rounds landing solid punches.
Byrne battled to turn the tide in the third round, but was still on the receiving end as he took solid shots to the head and body.
You may also want to watch:
He was clearly weakening in the fourth round and McAleese stepped up the pace to force the intervention, which came when referee Ian John Lewis moved in to signal the end.
There was also a debut success for another boxer from the TKO gym, welterweight Darryl Setterfield, on the Redhill promotion.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 4 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 10 Hospice sister on supporting patients with 'lifeline' video calls
Setterfield boxed his way to a points victory over Peacock Gym campaigner Duncan Cottier in a sound debut display.
*DEREK GRAINGER, the former Bethnal Green welterweight, has joined trainer Johnny Eames' team at the Ultrachem TKO Gym in Canning Town.
Grainger, who challenged Del Bryan for the British title in 1994, lost just two of 26 bouts in his own successful ring career.