Mum's rape escape
A SINGLE mum has told of her ordeal at the hands of rapist taxi driver John Worboys – who was convicted for a string of sexual offences last week. Sarah Craigie narrowly escaped Worboys clutches after he tried to ply her with drink and drugged her in t
A SINGLE mum has told of her ordeal at the hands of rapist taxi driver John Worboys - who was convicted for a string of sexual offences last week.
Sarah Craigie narrowly escaped Worboys' clutches after he tried to ply her with drink and drugged her in the back of his cab.
She waved her right to anonymity and spoke out after the conclusion of the trail, expressing her sympathy for other women who were not so lucky.
Sarah, who lives off Broad Street, Dagenham, had been out drinking in Leicester Square the night she unwittingly got into the rapist's taxi.
You may also want to watch:
She told the POST: "I had an argument with my then partner that night.
"I was upset and alone. I walked up to the taxi rank and his was the next taxi in the queue."
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 3 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
FOR FULL STORY SEE THIS WEEK'S POST