Mum's rape escape
A SINGLE mum has told of her ordeal at the hands of rapist taxi driver John Worboys – who was convicted for a string of sexual offences last week. Sarah Craigie narrowly escaped Worboys clutches after he tried to ply her with drink and drugged her in t
A SINGLE mum has told of her ordeal at the hands of rapist taxi driver John Worboys - who was convicted for a string of sexual offences last week.
Sarah Craigie narrowly escaped Worboys' clutches after he tried to ply her with drink and drugged her in the back of his cab.
She waved her right to anonymity and spoke out after the conclusion of the trail, expressing her sympathy for other women who were not so lucky.
Sarah, who lives off Broad Street, Dagenham, had been out drinking in Leicester Square the night she unwittingly got into the rapist's taxi.
You may also want to watch:
She told the POST: "I had an argument with my then partner that night.
"I was upset and alone. I walked up to the taxi rank and his was the next taxi in the queue."
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 5 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
FOR FULL STORY SEE THIS WEEK'S POST