Mysterious Dagenham star road marking disappears over night
- Credit: Archant
The plot thickens around the mysterious star which was marked on a Dagenham road as it disappeared last night just as quickly as it appeared.
The marking cropped up at the three-way junction of Gale Street, Rugby Road and Ivy House Road over the bank holiday weekend, leaving many road users confused.
The Post revealed yesterday it was part of the community-led DIY Porters Lodge project, co-ordinated by transport group Sustrans and supported by the council.
Philippa Banister, from Sustrans, explained the sign was removed due to planned road surfacing.
She added: “It will be reworked again after the elections.”
You may also want to watch:
On seeing the star vanish before her eyes last night Tracy Ann Nicholson took to the Post’s Facebook page to say: “Council working at 11pm. I have just driven past this daft junction and it’s cordoned off while they are painting it black!”
The council are yet to respond to the developments.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 8 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 9 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'