Mysterious Dagenham star road marking disappears over night
- Credit: Archant
The plot thickens around the mysterious star which was marked on a Dagenham road as it disappeared last night just as quickly as it appeared.
The marking cropped up at the three-way junction of Gale Street, Rugby Road and Ivy House Road over the bank holiday weekend, leaving many road users confused.
The Post revealed yesterday it was part of the community-led DIY Porters Lodge project, co-ordinated by transport group Sustrans and supported by the council.
Philippa Banister, from Sustrans, explained the sign was removed due to planned road surfacing.
She added: “It will be reworked again after the elections.”
You may also want to watch:
On seeing the star vanish before her eyes last night Tracy Ann Nicholson took to the Post’s Facebook page to say: “Council working at 11pm. I have just driven past this daft junction and it’s cordoned off while they are painting it black!”
The council are yet to respond to the developments.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 Staff to strike at primary school in Dagenham
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 5 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 6 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 7 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 8 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 9 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 10 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath