New centre proves a starting point
A BRAND new centre for community and voluntary groups offers facilities to fight the economic gloom. Starting Point, in Pickering Road, Barking, was launched by Peter Rogers, chief executive of the London Development Agency. The purpose-built facility was
A BRAND new centre for community and voluntary groups offers facilities to fight the economic gloom.
Starting Point, in Pickering Road, Barking, was launched by Peter Rogers, chief executive of the London Development Agency.
The purpose-built facility was built by East Thames Group housing association with the support of the LDA.
It will offer office space and business support, as well as secure storage,networking areas and meeting rooms.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Rogers said: "Improving the skills and job prospects of Londoners is particularly important during the economic downturn, and the LDA is pleased to help smaller organisations grow into sustainable businesses.
Groups wishing to use Starting Point facilities can apply for a subsidy to cover some of the rent for up to a year.
- 1 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 2 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 3 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 4 Patrols target antisocial behaviour in Barking town centre
- 5 Mum of girl with rare genetic condition vows to keep raising awareness
- 6 What is changing when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
To find out more contact Corrine Hutcheson, on (020) 3288 2100, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in an application form online at www.starting-point.org.uk