New centre proves a starting point
A BRAND new centre for community and voluntary groups offers facilities to fight the economic gloom. Starting Point, in Pickering Road, Barking, was launched by Peter Rogers, chief executive of the London Development Agency. The purpose-built facility was
A BRAND new centre for community and voluntary groups offers facilities to fight the economic gloom.
Starting Point, in Pickering Road, Barking, was launched by Peter Rogers, chief executive of the London Development Agency.
The purpose-built facility was built by East Thames Group housing association with the support of the LDA.
It will offer office space and business support, as well as secure storage,networking areas and meeting rooms.
Peter Rogers said: "Improving the skills and job prospects of Londoners is particularly important during the economic downturn, and the LDA is pleased to help smaller organisations grow into sustainable businesses.
Groups wishing to use Starting Point facilities can apply for a subsidy to cover some of the rent for up to a year.
- 1 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 2 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 3 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 4 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 5 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 8 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 9 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 10 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
To find out more contact Corrine Hutcheson, on (020) 3288 2100, email email@example.com or fill in an application form online at www.starting-point.org.uk