New centre proves a starting point
A BRAND new centre for community and voluntary groups offers facilities to fight the economic gloom. Starting Point, in Pickering Road, Barking, was launched by Peter Rogers, chief executive of the London Development Agency. The purpose-built facility was
A BRAND new centre for community and voluntary groups offers facilities to fight the economic gloom.
Starting Point, in Pickering Road, Barking, was launched by Peter Rogers, chief executive of the London Development Agency.
The purpose-built facility was built by East Thames Group housing association with the support of the LDA.
It will offer office space and business support, as well as secure storage,networking areas and meeting rooms.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Rogers said: "Improving the skills and job prospects of Londoners is particularly important during the economic downturn, and the LDA is pleased to help smaller organisations grow into sustainable businesses.
Groups wishing to use Starting Point facilities can apply for a subsidy to cover some of the rent for up to a year.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
To find out more contact Corrine Hutcheson, on (020) 3288 2100, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in an application form online at www.starting-point.org.uk