New deals for duo
IN A WEEK that heralded the arrival of another West Ham Academy star, the club have rewarded two more of their youngsters with new contracts. Mark Noble and James Tomkins have both signed new deals that will keep them at Upton Park until 2013. For Tomkins
IN A WEEK that heralded the arrival of another West Ham Academy star, the club have rewarded two more of their youngsters with new contracts.
Mark Noble and James Tomkins have both signed new deals that will keep them at Upton Park until 2013.
For Tomkins in particular it is testament to the improvement he has made this season.
The 20-year-old went out on loan to Derby County earlier in the season, but since returning, he has taken his chance with relish and put in man of the match performances in the last two games.
"It's really great to have signed for this great club and I'm delighted it is all sorted," he said.
"I've come in at a time when we're pushing for a European place and I'm really enjoying my football right now,"
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 6 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 7 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 9 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 10 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
At just 21, Noble is already West Ham's current longest serving player and despite some dips in form this season, he is still an integral part of the Hammers line-up.
"It is fantastic that the club have shown their belief in me," he said. "The new manager has come in and some of the football at times has been unbelievable - I'm just delighted to have signed.