New deals for duo
IN A WEEK that heralded the arrival of another West Ham Academy star, the club have rewarded two more of their youngsters with new contracts. Mark Noble and James Tomkins have both signed new deals that will keep them at Upton Park until 2013. For Tomkins
IN A WEEK that heralded the arrival of another West Ham Academy star, the club have rewarded two more of their youngsters with new contracts.
Mark Noble and James Tomkins have both signed new deals that will keep them at Upton Park until 2013.
For Tomkins in particular it is testament to the improvement he has made this season.
The 20-year-old went out on loan to Derby County earlier in the season, but since returning, he has taken his chance with relish and put in man of the match performances in the last two games.
You may also want to watch:
"It's really great to have signed for this great club and I'm delighted it is all sorted," he said.
"I've come in at a time when we're pushing for a European place and I'm really enjoying my football right now,"
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 Staff to strike at primary school in Dagenham
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 6 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 7 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 8 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 9 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 10 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
At just 21, Noble is already West Ham's current longest serving player and despite some dips in form this season, he is still an integral part of the Hammers line-up.
"It is fantastic that the club have shown their belief in me," he said. "The new manager has come in and some of the football at times has been unbelievable - I'm just delighted to have signed.