Pictures: First customers through the doors as new Lidl opens
- Credit: Ken Mears
Shoppers eager to snap up a bargain were ready and waiting when a new Lidl opened in Dagenham this morning (July 8).
The supermarket in Whalebone Lane South welcomed customers for the first time at 8am, following a ribbon-cutting ceremony with the help of children from Furze Infant School in Chadwell Heath.
The first customer through the door, Olukemi Adebayo, was presented a bouquet of flowers by store manager Chris Pawson.
Others who were waiting outside when the store opened were applauded by staff and school children as they entered.
When the opening date was announced last week, Lidl GB regional head of property Colin Rimmer said: “We are delighted to be able to create more jobs and investment opportunities in the area and look forward to welcoming everyone to our new store.”
Opening hours are 8am to 10pm from Monday to Saturday and from 11am to 5pm on Sundays.
You may also want to watch:
The store joins nearby Lidl locations in Heathway, Longbridge Road and Grove Farm Retail Park.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 6 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 7 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire