New players on the way at Daggers after duo fail to sign deals
- Credit: Dave Simpson/TGSPHOTO
Daggers boss Wayne Burnett is closing in on new targets after hearing ‘nothing’ from out-of-contract right back Gavin Hoyte.
Hoyte and fellow team-mate Zavon Hines were both offered deals to extend their stay at Victoria Road, but Burnett hasn’t had any contact with the former, while the latter has started to look at options away from the club.
“Zavon is going to speak to other clubs which he has the right to do,” said Burnett.
With Zavon we made him an offer to become one of the top earners at the club but I don’t think it is down to money. He wants to play at the highest level possible.
“We offered Gavin improved terms from what he was on previous but we haven’t heard anything and I have to do what’s best for this football club.
You may also want to watch:
“Gavin has made it very clear, he hasn’t picked up the phone to negotiate.”
And with that news, Burnett has looked elsewhere and is close to capturing a replacement right back.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 6 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 10 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
“We are very close to signing an experienced right back, hopefully we will be able to complete it in the next day or two,” added Burnett.
Striker Affy Obafemi, who is also out of contract at the Daggers at the end of the month, has been offered the chance to impress when the players return to pre-season training tomorrow.