Newham pair in fine fettle
Newham BC prospects Charlie Edwards and Liam Desmond had fine wins over area rivals to clinch their London Youth CYP titles at York Hall on Saturday. Edwards was given a close call by Lukman Patel (Repton) in their Class A 46kg duel which paired two high
Newham BC prospects Charlie Edwards and Liam Desmond had fine wins over area rivals to clinch their London Youth CYP titles at York Hall on Saturday.
Edwards was given a close call by Lukman Patel (Repton) in their Class A 46kg duel which paired two high standard youngsters in the London decider.
There was little between the pair as they swapped accurate shots and the judges were split at the final bell with the majority verdict in favour of Edwards.
Desmond faced Connor McCarthy who carried the Dagenham BC hopes in the London finals and it was the Newham boxer who took the London Class A 50kg award.
You may also want to watch:
Johnny Coyle was another London winner in Newham club colours when he came through the Class A 66kg clash with Tony McKay (Eltham), also taking majority verdict for his title triumph.
George Venness (Newham) boxed well in his Class B under-54kg encounter with John Dishart (Eltham) and overcame his south London rival to win on all three judges scorecards.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
However, Lynn's talented Ryan Jackson continued to show winning form against local rivals when he overcame Jake Henderson (Newham) in their Class A under-52kg London final.
The winners now head for the national quarter-final contests which are staged at the Army Centre, Aldershot on Saturday.