Newham pair in fine fettle
Newham BC prospects Charlie Edwards and Liam Desmond had fine wins over area rivals to clinch their London Youth CYP titles at York Hall on Saturday. Edwards was given a close call by Lukman Patel (Repton) in their Class A 46kg duel which paired two high
Newham BC prospects Charlie Edwards and Liam Desmond had fine wins over area rivals to clinch their London Youth CYP titles at York Hall on Saturday.
Edwards was given a close call by Lukman Patel (Repton) in their Class A 46kg duel which paired two high standard youngsters in the London decider.
There was little between the pair as they swapped accurate shots and the judges were split at the final bell with the majority verdict in favour of Edwards.
Desmond faced Connor McCarthy who carried the Dagenham BC hopes in the London finals and it was the Newham boxer who took the London Class A 50kg award.
Johnny Coyle was another London winner in Newham club colours when he came through the Class A 66kg clash with Tony McKay (Eltham), also taking majority verdict for his title triumph.
George Venness (Newham) boxed well in his Class B under-54kg encounter with John Dishart (Eltham) and overcame his south London rival to win on all three judges scorecards.
- 1 Man in 50s in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
However, Lynn's talented Ryan Jackson continued to show winning form against local rivals when he overcame Jake Henderson (Newham) in their Class A under-52kg London final.
The winners now head for the national quarter-final contests which are staged at the Army Centre, Aldershot on Saturday.