Newham pair in fine fettle
Newham BC prospects Charlie Edwards and Liam Desmond had fine wins over area rivals to clinch their London Youth CYP titles at York Hall on Saturday. Edwards was given a close call by Lukman Patel (Repton) in their Class A 46kg duel which paired two high
Newham BC prospects Charlie Edwards and Liam Desmond had fine wins over area rivals to clinch their London Youth CYP titles at York Hall on Saturday.
Edwards was given a close call by Lukman Patel (Repton) in their Class A 46kg duel which paired two high standard youngsters in the London decider.
There was little between the pair as they swapped accurate shots and the judges were split at the final bell with the majority verdict in favour of Edwards.
Desmond faced Connor McCarthy who carried the Dagenham BC hopes in the London finals and it was the Newham boxer who took the London Class A 50kg award.
Johnny Coyle was another London winner in Newham club colours when he came through the Class A 66kg clash with Tony McKay (Eltham), also taking majority verdict for his title triumph.
George Venness (Newham) boxed well in his Class B under-54kg encounter with John Dishart (Eltham) and overcame his south London rival to win on all three judges scorecards.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 3 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 4 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Dagenham & Redbridge rally to win at Weymouth
- 7 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 8 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
- 9 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 10 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
However, Lynn's talented Ryan Jackson continued to show winning form against local rivals when he overcame Jake Henderson (Newham) in their Class A under-52kg London final.
The winners now head for the national quarter-final contests which are staged at the Army Centre, Aldershot on Saturday.