Newham pair in fine fettle
Newham BC prospects Charlie Edwards and Liam Desmond had fine wins over area rivals to clinch their London Youth CYP titles at York Hall on Saturday. Edwards was given a close call by Lukman Patel (Repton) in their Class A 46kg duel which paired two high
Newham BC prospects Charlie Edwards and Liam Desmond had fine wins over area rivals to clinch their London Youth CYP titles at York Hall on Saturday.
Edwards was given a close call by Lukman Patel (Repton) in their Class A 46kg duel which paired two high standard youngsters in the London decider.
There was little between the pair as they swapped accurate shots and the judges were split at the final bell with the majority verdict in favour of Edwards.
Desmond faced Connor McCarthy who carried the Dagenham BC hopes in the London finals and it was the Newham boxer who took the London Class A 50kg award.
You may also want to watch:
Johnny Coyle was another London winner in Newham club colours when he came through the Class A 66kg clash with Tony McKay (Eltham), also taking majority verdict for his title triumph.
George Venness (Newham) boxed well in his Class B under-54kg encounter with John Dishart (Eltham) and overcame his south London rival to win on all three judges scorecards.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
However, Lynn's talented Ryan Jackson continued to show winning form against local rivals when he overcame Jake Henderson (Newham) in their Class A under-52kg London final.
The winners now head for the national quarter-final contests which are staged at the Army Centre, Aldershot on Saturday.