No surprise really!
AFTER the surprise of Julien Faubert s loan signing for Real Madrid last week, perhaps the least surprising story this week was about how poorly he played on his debut for the Spanish giants. The French winger came on for the final half hour of Saturday s
AFTER the surprise of Julien Faubert's loan signing for Real Madrid last week, perhaps the least surprising story this week was about how poorly he played on his debut for the Spanish giants.
The French winger came on for the final half hour of Saturday's 1-0 victory against Racing Santander, replacing former Chelsea star Arjen Robben.
But according to most pundits he did not impress, twice opting to pass when there was an opportunity to take someone on - sound familiar?
Real coach Juande Ramos, who has been criticised in the Spanish media for playing boring football, said of his latest loan signing.
"He didn't show anything as well as the rest of the team," he slammed.
"We would be better not to speak about his display, because it was just his first match."
- 1 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 4 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 6 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 9 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 10 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
Expect Faubert back at Upton Park in the summer, unless he can miraculously find his form of two seasons ago in the next three months.