No time for 'Hello Dolly'
AFTER seeing the disgraceful behaviour of one drunken lout urinating on a war memorial, in the news this week, I witnessed more disrespectful behaviour. This time it was by an official at the Heathway memorial service on Saturday – a man who should have k
AFTER seeing the disgraceful behaviour of one drunken lout urinating on a war memorial, in the news this week, I witnessed more disrespectful behaviour.
This time it was by an official at the Heathway memorial service on Saturday - a man who should have known better.
He didn't say 'one-two, one-two, testing' when testing the microphone before the ceremony - he sang 'Hello Dolly' instead, to the amusement of councillors!
The rest of us wondered if he was going to tap dance on the graves as well.
You may also want to watch:
Older people say the younger generation shows or has no respect, but in this case it was one of their own who showed none.
I say 'well done' to the street wardens who made the traffic come to a halt for two minutes in the Heathway.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 'Not a matter of shifting blame': Port victim's family receives another apology from detectives on case
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Police failed to flag up 'significant' incident
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
But why do we have two memorials in Dagenham when every other town has just one?