No trip for Jason
JASON DEMETRIOU pulled out of the Cyprus squad for their international friendly with Albania. The 21-year-old midfielder, was due to fly out on Sunday to link-up with the national team, but opted to remain at home. The manager didn t realise I would mis
JASON DEMETRIOU pulled out of the Cyprus squad for their international friendly with Albania.
The 21-year-old midfielder, was due to fly out on Sunday to link-up with the national team, but opted to remain at home.
"The manager didn't realise I would miss a cup game, and so he was happy for me to withdraw from the squad," explained Demetriou.
"It would have been a lot of travelling to meet up with the squad, travel to Albania for the game, go back to Cyprus and then come back home.
"I think the manager wants to give a few players a run out, so it would have been a long way to go for 45 minutes.
"But he said I should be in the squad for the Republic of Ireland World Cup game."
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 3 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 6 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 7 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 8 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 9 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 10 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
That qualifier takes place at the start of September and Demetriou added: "I'm looking forward to it, but I don't want to miss any Orient games and lose my place.