No trip for Jason
JASON DEMETRIOU pulled out of the Cyprus squad for their international friendly with Albania. The 21-year-old midfielder, was due to fly out on Sunday to link-up with the national team, but opted to remain at home. The manager didn t realise I would mis
JASON DEMETRIOU pulled out of the Cyprus squad for their international friendly with Albania.
The 21-year-old midfielder, was due to fly out on Sunday to link-up with the national team, but opted to remain at home.
"The manager didn't realise I would miss a cup game, and so he was happy for me to withdraw from the squad," explained Demetriou.
"It would have been a lot of travelling to meet up with the squad, travel to Albania for the game, go back to Cyprus and then come back home.
You may also want to watch:
"I think the manager wants to give a few players a run out, so it would have been a long way to go for 45 minutes.
"But he said I should be in the squad for the Republic of Ireland World Cup game."
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 3 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 4 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 5 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
That qualifier takes place at the start of September and Demetriou added: "I'm looking forward to it, but I don't want to miss any Orient games and lose my place.