Nosworthy joins Daggers
- Credit: Rob Newell/TGSPHOTO
Veteran centre back agree one-year contract at Victoria Road
Nyron Nosworthy has become the first Dagenham & Redbridge signing of the summer after joining on a free transfer following his release from Blackpool.
The defender joins on a one-year deal and will be a welcome experienced addition to a young defence.
Nosworthy previously played for Sunderland in the Premier League and has been capped 13 times by Jamaica.
But the 34-year-old also experience of playing in League Two, having featured for Portsmouth during a loan spell last season.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Wayne Burnett was pleased to seal the signature of Nosworthy as he looks to bring in more new faces ahead of the start of the season on August 8.
“I’m delighted that Nyron has joined, he brings with him a wealth of experience. He’ll be a fantastic addition to the squad and definitely enhance the group and defensive back-line,” Burnett told the club website.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
With Scott Doe having departed the club, Nosworthy is more than capable of becoming the man to fill the role of the rock at the back.