Nouble scores in debut game
WEST HAM new boy Frank Nouble took little time to make his presence felt as a Hammer after he grabbed a goal in his first game in claret and blue. Nouble played the full 90 minutes of Friday s reserve team friendly at non-leaguers Thurrock and came up wit
WEST HAM new boy Frank Nouble took little time to make his presence felt as a Hammer after he grabbed a goal in his first game in claret and blue.
Nouble played the full 90 minutes of Friday's reserve team friendly at non-leaguers Thurrock and came up with the winner in the last minute when he latched on to Christian Montano's through ball.
Thurrock had taken an early lead in this game before trialist Sebastien Huke levelled, and it was young Irishman Eoin Wearen who headed them in front in the second half.
The home side hit back again, but Nouble's late strike gave them a 3-2 win.
You may also want to watch:
Also on parade in the match were the experienced Nigel Quashie and Calum Davenport as well as George Moncur - son of former Hammer John - and Andrea Zola - son of current boss Gianfranco.
Doesn't it make you feel old?!
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
Saturday saw what was a team made up largely of under-16s and schoolboys, go down to a narrow 3-2 defeat against a more experienced Spurs team.
Daniel Purdy and Blair Turgot scored the West Ham goals and they went close on a number of occasions in a performance that impressed Academy coach Paul Hilton.
A joint reserve and youth team will travel to Kingstonian on Friday.