Ogogo's first too much for Bradford
Abu Ogogo's first goal for the club ensures Daggers defeat Bradford
COCA-COLA LEAGUE TWO
Daggers 2 Bradford City 1
by MIKE SIMMONDS
A SECOND HALF goal from full back Abu Ogogo was enough for Daggers to pick up fine victory over Bradford City at Victoria Road today.
The full back, who was outstanding all afternoon, slid in to net his first for the club after 72 minutes, when the ball broke loose in the Bradford box.
Victory was no more than Daggers deserved as they put in a first-class performance against their more illustrious opponents.
- 1 Local makers market coming to Barking Riverside this Christmas
- 2 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 3 Residents without Covid jab should be challenged, senior councillor says
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 Covid-19: How Barking and Dagenham's figures compare to last year
- 7 Man facing 'lifelong consequences' of Barking traffic cone assault
- 8 Man arrested, two taken to hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 10 Dagenham's injury problems building up ahead of Notts County trip
They were in front after just eight minutes when City keeper Simon Eastwood couldn’t gather Danny Green’s corner and Benson crashed the ball over the line from close range.
City were level midway through the half though when Michael Flynn volleyed a cracking effort past Tony Roberts from 25 yards.
Daggers had the perfect chance to retake the lead immediately, but after Jon Nurse was brought down in the box, Benson fired the spot kick woefully over the bar.
After the break Green hit the bar with a thunderous strike, while Roberts had to make a good save late on from Luke O'Brien as the hosts held on to seal an excellent triumph.
Daggers: Tony Roberts, Abu Ogogo, Scott Griffiths (Scott Doe 88), Mark Arber, Will Antwi, Danny Green, Peter Gain, Stuart Thurgood, Tommy Tejan-Sie, Paul Benson, Jon Nurse (Graeme Montgomery 90).
Subs not used: Chris Lewington, Steven Demetriou, Billy Bingham, Harlee Dean.
Bradford: Simon Eastwood, Simon Ramsden, Luke O'Brien, Michael Flynn, Zesh Rehman, Lee Bullock, Gareth Evans, Steve Williams (Michael Clarke 87), James Hanson, Jamie O'Brien (Chris Brandon 61), Scott Neilson (Leon Osborne 68).
Subs not used: Jon McLaughlin, Jonathan Bateson, Luke Sharry.
Attendance: 2,446 (inc 424 away).