Ogogo signs for Daggers
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have announced the signing of Arsenal full back Abu Ogogo on a two-year deal. The 19-year-old has been with the Gunners since 2007, playing mainly for their reserve and academy sides, but was highly thought of at the Emirates. He had
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have announced the signing of Arsenal full back Abu Ogogo on a two-year deal, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
The 19-year-old has been with the Gunners since 2007, playing mainly for their reserve and academy sides, but was highly thought of at the Emirates.
He had a spell at Nottingham Forest in October 2008, before spending time on loan at Barnet last season, where he made nine appearances and scored one goal, although he was also sent off twice.
As exclusively revealed by the Recorder, the teenager met up with his new team-mates today, and becomes John Still's fourth signing after Josh Scott, Stuart Thurgood and Danny Green all put pen to paper recently.
You may also want to watch:
What do you make of Daggers new signing? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 5 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 6 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge release six as they announce retained list