Ogogo signs for Daggers
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have announced the signing of Arsenal full back Abu Ogogo on a two-year deal. The 19-year-old has been with the Gunners since 2007, playing mainly for their reserve and academy sides, but was highly thought of at the Emirates. He had
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have announced the signing of Arsenal full back Abu Ogogo on a two-year deal, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
The 19-year-old has been with the Gunners since 2007, playing mainly for their reserve and academy sides, but was highly thought of at the Emirates.
He had a spell at Nottingham Forest in October 2008, before spending time on loan at Barnet last season, where he made nine appearances and scored one goal, although he was also sent off twice.
As exclusively revealed by the Recorder, the teenager met up with his new team-mates today, and becomes John Still's fourth signing after Josh Scott, Stuart Thurgood and Danny Green all put pen to paper recently.
You may also want to watch:
What do you make of Daggers new signing? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Timeline: Who was Stephen Port and when were his murders uncovered?
- 5 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 6 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 7 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 8 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking