One point in it as Plashet win
Plashet Park 64 Ford 63 DESPITE losing on two rinks, Plashet pulled the rabbit out of the hat on the last end of rink one to finish overall winners by the closest margin this season 64–63. Rink one, skipped by Harry Morley with Eric Rooney, Barry Menzies
Plashet Park 64 Ford 63
DESPITE losing on two rinks, Plashet pulled the rabbit out of the hat on the last end of rink one to finish overall winners by the closest margin this season 64-63.
Rink one, skipped by Harry Morley with Eric Rooney, Barry Menzies and Cliff Dye were always ahead and despite a late rally by V Osben and his team, Plashet won convincingly 26-15.
Mike Mullinder skipped rink two, but with Lee Friar, Ernie Bloe and Frank Adams, they suffered a poor middle stint.
The team rallied towards the end, taking six shots in the final two ends, but were beaten 23-18.
Rink three, skipped by Peter Chilkes with Alf Goring, Ken Carter and George Gale, were leading at the 10th end.
- 1 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 2 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 3 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 4 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 5 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 6 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
However, they dropped seven shots to Fords in the next two ends and were unable to catch up, losing 25-20.
With the match now level, it remained with Plashet's rink one to score the final shot which gave them the closest of victories at 64-63.