One point in it as Plashet win
Plashet Park 64 Ford 63 DESPITE losing on two rinks, Plashet pulled the rabbit out of the hat on the last end of rink one to finish overall winners by the closest margin this season 64–63. Rink one, skipped by Harry Morley with Eric Rooney, Barry Menzies
Plashet Park 64 Ford 63
DESPITE losing on two rinks, Plashet pulled the rabbit out of the hat on the last end of rink one to finish overall winners by the closest margin this season 64-63.
Rink one, skipped by Harry Morley with Eric Rooney, Barry Menzies and Cliff Dye were always ahead and despite a late rally by V Osben and his team, Plashet won convincingly 26-15.
Mike Mullinder skipped rink two, but with Lee Friar, Ernie Bloe and Frank Adams, they suffered a poor middle stint.
You may also want to watch:
The team rallied towards the end, taking six shots in the final two ends, but were beaten 23-18.
Rink three, skipped by Peter Chilkes with Alf Goring, Ken Carter and George Gale, were leading at the 10th end.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
However, they dropped seven shots to Fords in the next two ends and were unable to catch up, losing 25-20.
With the match now level, it remained with Plashet's rink one to score the final shot which gave them the closest of victories at 64-63.