One point in it as Plashet win
Plashet Park 64 Ford 63 DESPITE losing on two rinks, Plashet pulled the rabbit out of the hat on the last end of rink one to finish overall winners by the closest margin this season 64–63. Rink one, skipped by Harry Morley with Eric Rooney, Barry Menzies
Plashet Park 64 Ford 63
DESPITE losing on two rinks, Plashet pulled the rabbit out of the hat on the last end of rink one to finish overall winners by the closest margin this season 64-63.
Rink one, skipped by Harry Morley with Eric Rooney, Barry Menzies and Cliff Dye were always ahead and despite a late rally by V Osben and his team, Plashet won convincingly 26-15.
Mike Mullinder skipped rink two, but with Lee Friar, Ernie Bloe and Frank Adams, they suffered a poor middle stint.
You may also want to watch:
The team rallied towards the end, taking six shots in the final two ends, but were beaten 23-18.
Rink three, skipped by Peter Chilkes with Alf Goring, Ken Carter and George Gale, were leading at the 10th end.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
However, they dropped seven shots to Fords in the next two ends and were unable to catch up, losing 25-20.
With the match now level, it remained with Plashet's rink one to score the final shot which gave them the closest of victories at 64-63.