Orient's game at Oldham is put on ice
ORIENT S hopes of climbing out of the bottom four of League One have literally been put on ice. Saturday s fixture at fellow strugglers Oldham has already been called off, which means Orient will not have a chance to escape the drop zone at the weekend.
ORIENT'S hopes of climbing out of the bottom four of League One have literally been put on ice.
Saturday's fixture at fellow strugglers Oldham has already been called off, which means Orient will not have a chance to escape the drop zone at the weekend.
With the Boundary Park pitch frozen and under almost a foot of snow, the decision to postpone Saturday's fixture was taken as early as Thursday morning, as there appeared no prospect of the weather improving before the weekend.
It means the O's have a home game with Yeovil and an away trip to Oldham to reschedule and they are not in action until Saturday, January 16, when Bristol Rovers are the visitors to Brisbane Road.
You may also want to watch:
By the time they play the Pirates, Orient will have had almost a three-week break from action. They have yet to play in 2010 and their last competitive fixture was the derby duel with Southend United on Monday, December 28, when the visitors came from behind to take the points in a 2-1 win.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 5 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 6 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 7 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week