Osman leads his team home
JAMES OSMAN, Stuart Curran and Sarah Berryman were the winners at the 2009 Joint Captains Day three-ball stableford competition last Saturday after scoring 93. Runners-up spot went to Eddie Ross, Declan and Nina Kinsella, who finished with 86 points, na
JAMES OSMAN, Stuart Curran and Sarah Berryman were the winners at the 2009 Joint Captains' Day three-ball stableford competition last Saturday after scoring 93.
Runners-up spot went to Eddie Ross, Declan and Nina Kinsella, who finished with 86 points, narrowly edging Russell Joseph, Steve Garner and Heather Steel into third spot.
The nearest the pin competitions were won by Ian Morgan in the men's section and Eilish Exley in the ladies.
Following the main event came the fun three-hole, three club competition, where the three players had to choose one club each (with one having to use a putter) to play three holes whilst keeping the order of play.
An extremely entertaining few holes were seen with people teeing off on the second hole over the River Roding with a putter!
The winners were Charlie Finn, John and Mary Buckley, who managed to scramble around in a respectable one-over, 11 score.
- 1 Dagenham woman forced to pay £1,000 over rotting waste in garden
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Development that could be coming to the borough
- 3 School's new headteacher on wellbeing and helping pupils realise potential
- 4 Ofsted praises progress of Dagenham school after inspection
- 5 Coroner's report outlines concerns with Stephen Port murder investigations
- 6 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 7 Care provider taken to court by council in waste disposal dispute
- 8 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 9 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 10 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
The men's section held the monthly stableford competition on Sunday with last year's club captain, Eric Weeks, running out victorious with a great score of 43 points.
Jamie Hagger won the second division title with 41 points.