Our bins are wheelie good
WE ARE two residents from Martin Road and we a fed up with all the whining about the wheelie bins. We both bought our own bins because we were fed up with putting our black bags out for the dustmen and finding them ripped open by cats/foxes or whatever e
WE ARE two residents from Martin Road and we a fed up with all the whining about the wheelie bins.
We both bought our own bins because we were fed up with putting our black bags out for the dustmen and finding them ripped open by cats/foxes or whatever else choose to rip them.
Since we have had our bins, our gardens and street have been a lot cleaner and no more mess from ripped bags. several of our neighbours have also purchased wheelie bins for this same reason.
We do not feel that the bins are intrusive they are a godsend and should be used by everyone.
You may also want to watch:
These bins may be council property but for the majority of us who rent they are being housed on council property anyway. We are sure that every resident has a corner in their front garden to put there bin, they are not unsightly, we have seen more unsightly gardens filled with rubbish and discarded furniture etc that make the borough look unsightly. The bins will not smell if residents buy black wheelie bin liners or place their rubbish into pedal bin liners before placing in the bin and when the bin is emptied every week the black bag gets replaced by another and there is no rubbish left strewn on the pavement because the animals could not get to the bag to rip it open. No smelly bin.
Most people have a pedal bin in their kitchen and should use a pedal bin liner so that their bin is not smelly so why all the fuss about a bigger bin it is the same principle.
- 1 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 3 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 4 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 5 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 8 Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
- 9 Woman, 68, attacked in Dagenham
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man who murdered 'gentle giant' in mistaken identity shooting
Other boroughs have had wheelie bins for a lot longer and we don't see write ups in the paper stating that other boroughs do not want the bins, so come on Mr Fisher we are saying YES to the bins and now you have heard good things said about these bins and there have been previous letters in the post regarding people for the bins.
Move with the times and lets have a cleaner borough by using wheelie bins and not black plastic bags.
Mrs S Bell and Mrs J Hopkins