Our House - win tickets to musical
OUR House – winner of the 2003 Olivier Award for Best New Musical – will receive its UK amateur premiere at the Kenneth More Theatre, Ilford next week. Following an incredibly successful tour and run in London s West End, this critically- acclaimed produ
OUR House - winner of the 2003 Olivier Award for Best New Musical - will receive its UK amateur premiere at the Kenneth More Theatre, Ilford next week.
Following an incredibly successful tour and run in London's West End, this critically- acclaimed production will be produced by award-winning, Essex-based Stage One Theatre Company.
Our House follows the trend of Mamma Mia and We Will Rock You, in setting a show to the famous hits of one band - in this case, Madness.
A pacy, hilarious and touching romantic musical journey through one young man's London life, the story revolves around Joe Casey, his girlfriend Sarah and the night he commits a petty crime to impress her.
You may also want to watch:
At this point the story splits in two and explores both what would happen to him if he gave himself up to confront the judgement of the law or escape the police.
Billed as "a great new British musical", no other show raises spirits higher or restores a sense of joy in London life more than Tim (Calendar Girls) Firth's treatment of Madness's mighty back catalogue.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 6 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
It is a modern love story set on the streets of Camden Town and includes songs Baggy Trousers, It Must Be Love, Driving In My Car, House of Fun, Wings Of A Dove and Night Boat To Cairo, Our House will be performed at the Kenneth More Theatre, Oakfield Road, Ilford from Thursday, February 11 - Saturday February 13.
Tickets are on sale now from the theatre box office on 020 8553 4466. For more information, visit the group's website, www.sotheatre.com.
* We have two pairs of tickets to give away to the show. To find out how you could win, see this week's Recorder.