Our park has been forgotten
THIS IS in response to Councillor Bob Little s letter in Postbag of January 21, in which he asks for support for two of the borough s parks. This is in order to obtain �400,000 in funding for each, so may I ask where St Chad s Park comes into this equatio
THIS IS in response to Councillor Bob Little's letter in Postbag of January 21, in which he asks for support for two of the borough's parks.
This is in order to obtain �400,000 in funding for each, so may I ask where St Chad's Park comes into this equation.
In 2008 a plan was tabled to re-route a bus service through Barking Town Centre.
This activity meant that the band-stand in the Town Centre would have to go, and it was suggested that it could be moved to our park.
You may also want to watch:
We were informed that Transport for London would foot the bill as part of the deal.
We have now heard that the bandstand is not to come, and that it will be destroyed.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 4 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 5 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 6 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 7 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
Apparently, this decision was made by Councillors Bob Little and Jeannette Alexander.
Once again, it seems that Chadwell Heath is low on the list of the council's priorities even though our members are enthusiastically working to attain the Green Pennant award that is being sought by the council.
The acquisition of the bandstand was central to our plans and the community was looking forward to its arrival.
Chairman, Friends of St Chad's Park