Outrage at council newspaper
I am sure that many people will share my outrage at our council s plans to launch a newspaper and using public money to do it! There can be no impartiality because this will be simply a publicity tool funded and issued by the Council who will use it to br
I am sure that many people will share my outrage at our council's plans to launch a newspaper and using public money to do it!
There can be no impartiality because this will be simply a publicity tool funded and issued by the Council who will use it to broadcast only what they want you, the reader to read!
The Council's view on every issue that affects local people be presented only in the way that they want it to be.
Our longstanding local papers are bound to suffer in lost sales and advertising and this is of particular concern in this time of recession.
You may also want to watch:
If enough complain to their Labour Councillors in their wards, then they might think better of it. Otherwise, I fear that they will soon be telling us not only what to do, but what to think and whom to vote for.
Cllr Richard Barnbrook AM
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home