Outrage at council newspaper
I am sure that many people will share my outrage at our council s plans to launch a newspaper and using public money to do it! There can be no impartiality because this will be simply a publicity tool funded and issued by the Council who will use it to br
I am sure that many people will share my outrage at our council's plans to launch a newspaper and using public money to do it!
There can be no impartiality because this will be simply a publicity tool funded and issued by the Council who will use it to broadcast only what they want you, the reader to read!
The Council's view on every issue that affects local people be presented only in the way that they want it to be.
Our longstanding local papers are bound to suffer in lost sales and advertising and this is of particular concern in this time of recession.
You may also want to watch:
If enough complain to their Labour Councillors in their wards, then they might think better of it. Otherwise, I fear that they will soon be telling us not only what to do, but what to think and whom to vote for.
Cllr Richard Barnbrook AM
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham