Outrage at council newspaper
I am sure that many people will share my outrage at our council s plans to launch a newspaper and using public money to do it! There can be no impartiality because this will be simply a publicity tool funded and issued by the Council who will use it to br
I am sure that many people will share my outrage at our council's plans to launch a newspaper and using public money to do it!
There can be no impartiality because this will be simply a publicity tool funded and issued by the Council who will use it to broadcast only what they want you, the reader to read!
The Council's view on every issue that affects local people be presented only in the way that they want it to be.
Our longstanding local papers are bound to suffer in lost sales and advertising and this is of particular concern in this time of recession.
You may also want to watch:
If enough complain to their Labour Councillors in their wards, then they might think better of it. Otherwise, I fear that they will soon be telling us not only what to do, but what to think and whom to vote for.
Cllr Richard Barnbrook AM
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party