Outstanding Othello at the Broadway
The Evening Standard Drama Award for Lenny Henry s Othello, prompts me to write in praise of the recent production of the same play at The Broadway in Barking. The Original Theatre Company and Icarus Theatre Collective brought their touring production of
The Evening Standard Drama Award for Lenny Henry's Othello, prompts me to write in praise of the recent production of the same play at The Broadway in Barking.
The Original Theatre Company and Icarus Theatre Collective brought their touring production of William Shakespeare's play to Barking on November 6. The role of Othello was commandingly played by Vinta Morgan and I was particularly taken with the portrayal of Iago, a great performance by Christopher Dingli.
It was a novel production as the entire cast were also accomplished string musicians as the production was punctuated and enhanced by the playing of violins and cellos. This worked very well to the credit of all the 'players' concerned.
Thank you to Broadway for arranging it and let's see some more high quality classical theatre in the borough please.
You may also want to watch:
Cranborne Road - Barking
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 6 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites