Own a piece of Recorder history
HERE S YOUR chance to own a piece of history…and help the Toy Appeal. Ten years ago when the Newham Recorder changed its livery we auctioned off our old signage…and raise funds for the campaign. Now we are doing the same again…only this time you can ge
HERE'S YOUR chance to own a piece of history...and help the Toy Appeal.
Ten years ago when the Newham Recorder changed its livery we auctioned off our old signage...and raise funds for the campaign. Now we are doing the same again...only this time you can get the complete sign that used to be outside our old office in High Street North, East Ham.
We moved to our current home at Ilford in February of this year. The only thing that needs repairing is the light inside, which suffered a slight mishap when we finally took it down a week or two ago.
You can submit a bid by post or e-mail or you can text your bid to us on ouor newstext phone 07971 685748.
You may also want to watch:
Colin is pictured with the sign, with cat Eddie giving it the once over!
We will deliver the sign to the highest bidder. It has a reserve price of �100.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
And Colin's wife Lesley is urging everyone out there to beat that.
"Please get your bid above �100 in, or it will be another piece of Recorder memorabilia that will remain in our house forever!"
Send your bids to Colin Grainger, Editor, Newham Recorder, 539, High Road Ilford, Essex, IG1 1UD, or e-mail them to email@example.com
The closing time for bids to the e-mail address is 5.30pm on the night of our quiz night, Thursday December 3.
Those present at the quiz night will have a chance to bid for the sign until the half way stage of the quiz at around 9pm that night. Thanks...and get bidding!