Owners on run from vicious Akita
A DOG owner has spoken of her terror, claiming another Japanese Akita loose in Dagenham Park had attacked her Cocker Spaniel Jackie Maguire was out walking her two pets Charlie and Bonny at around 6.30pm when the dog came out of nowhere and ran towards th
A DOG owner has spoken of her terror, claiming another Japanese Akita loose in Dagenham Park had attacked her Cocker Spaniel
Jackie Maguire was out walking her two pets Charlie and Bonny at around 6.30pm when the dog came out of nowhere and ran towards them.
The Akita went straight for Charlie and bit into his leg and chest.
Terrified Jackie watched in horror as the dog, believed to be a bitch, mauled her little Cocker Spaniel.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "It was dark at the time so I didn't even know there was another dog in the park until it was on top of Charlie.
"He's such a timid thing; he just lay down on the ground.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 7 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Pictures: We Are FSTVL over the years
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
"The owner of the other dog came running over and wrestled his dog off mine.
"All the time he was saying sorry.
"Then he just walked away and left me there with my poor dog scared stiff.
"I take a stick out with me when I go walking now because I'm on tenterhooks all the time."
Worried neighbours called the POST following a series of attacks on pets by a huge dog, described as white with a dark patch on its back.
Jackie and her friend Ruth Lovell, whose daughter's dog was attacked, both say the owner does not keep this dangerous animal on a lead.
The owner is thought to be in his late teens or early 20s and is quite small and thin, he wore a grey hooded jumper the night his dog mauled Jackie's Spaniel.
She added: "Nobody knows where this boy lives and he claims the dog doesn't belong to him.
"He tries to avoid people in my neighbourhood by going to Old Dagenham Park late at night or early in the morning.
The police and RSPCA have both been informed about the attacks taking place in Old Dagenham Park.
If anyone has information about the whereabouts of the Akita or its owner they should contact Sgt Andrew Larkin on 0208 721 2573.
Or you can call the POST newsdesk on 020 8477 3778.