Pacey Pam is still going strong
ILFORD AC S Pam Jones successfully defended her women s over-70s title in the 3,000m BMAF Indoor Championships on Sunday. Fifteen laps of a 200m track will always tax the powers of concentration and without any serious threat, Jones time of 14.43.23 was
ILFORD AC'S Pam Jones successfully defended her women's over-70s title in the 3,000m BMAF Indoor Championships on Sunday.
Fifteen laps of a 200m track will always tax the powers of concentration and without any serious threat, Jones' time of 14.43.23 was understandably some 15 seconds down on last year but still good enough to beat the leading over-65 woman.
In the male 50's section Steve Allen posted 5.18.15 for 10th place and on the roads, Keith Ennis was the club's sole Ilford representative at the Berkhamsted half marathon, storming home in a personal best of 1 hour 30 minutes and 19 seconds for 103rd place out of 1,200 finishers.
Ennis admitted afterwards that, although delighted with his effort, he would have preferred to have been 19 seconds quicker.
You may also want to watch:
On the same day, Gary Floate competed in the London Heathside Five Miles at Finsbury Park, a race described in the athlete's own words as his "15th annual comeback race, a tough course of 3.5 laps with two hills on every lap."
Floate finished in 33.35 for a creditable 40th place and was glad to survive the event injury-free.
- 1 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 2 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 3 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 4 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 5 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 9 London Assembly member seeks Met assurances over Euro 2020 'disorder'
- 10 Barking and Dagenham district girls fall short in final against Woking