Pacey Pam is still going strong
ILFORD AC S Pam Jones successfully defended her women s over-70s title in the 3,000m BMAF Indoor Championships on Sunday. Fifteen laps of a 200m track will always tax the powers of concentration and without any serious threat, Jones time of 14.43.23 was
ILFORD AC'S Pam Jones successfully defended her women's over-70s title in the 3,000m BMAF Indoor Championships on Sunday.
Fifteen laps of a 200m track will always tax the powers of concentration and without any serious threat, Jones' time of 14.43.23 was understandably some 15 seconds down on last year but still good enough to beat the leading over-65 woman.
In the male 50's section Steve Allen posted 5.18.15 for 10th place and on the roads, Keith Ennis was the club's sole Ilford representative at the Berkhamsted half marathon, storming home in a personal best of 1 hour 30 minutes and 19 seconds for 103rd place out of 1,200 finishers.
Ennis admitted afterwards that, although delighted with his effort, he would have preferred to have been 19 seconds quicker.
On the same day, Gary Floate competed in the London Heathside Five Miles at Finsbury Park, a race described in the athlete's own words as his "15th annual comeback race, a tough course of 3.5 laps with two hills on every lap."
Floate finished in 33.35 for a creditable 40th place and was glad to survive the event injury-free.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 4 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 6 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 7 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 8 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 9 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 10 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week