Palmer keen on permanent deal
ON-LOAN full back Aiden Palmer has dropped hints that he would love to make his move from Leyton Orient to Dagenham & Redbridge a permanent one, writes MIKE SIMMONDS. The 22-year-old (pictured right) joined Victoria Road for a month as cover for injured l
ON-LOAN full back Aiden Palmer has dropped hints that he would love to make his move from Leyton Orient to Dagenham & Redbridge a permanent one, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
The 22-year-old (pictured right) joined Victoria Road for a month as cover for injured left back Scott Griffiths and after starting both games against Grimsby and Darlington, he's beginning to feel at home.
"I've been at Orient since I was nine, I'm 22 now so I think a change is best for me," he admitted.
"The boys at Dagenham are different class and the spirit is different class, I don't think I've been in so many huddles in my life!"
You may also want to watch:
"It's good to feel loved though and I'm constantly smiling."
One thing that will take some getting used to for the full back is the style of play at Daggers compared to what he is used to at Brisbane Road.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
"At Orient, we're used to pass and move, but it's different at Dagenham because you have to get the ball out of your feet, cross it, or get it down the channels," he said.
"I've got to get that into my game, but I'm really enjoying training, they are good players and the banter is great."
If you would like to comment on this story, email firstname.lastname@example.org