Parker is one booking away
WEST HAM midfielder Scott Parker reached nine bookings on Saturday, leaving him just one yellow card away from a two-game ban. The 29-year-old England international may be in the form of his life for the Hammers this season, but he is now walking a fine l
WEST HAM midfielder Scott Parker reached nine bookings on Saturday, leaving him just one yellow card away from a two-game ban.
The 29-year-old England international may be in the form of his life for the Hammers this season, but he is now walking a fine line towards a possible suspension that West Ham could really do without.
Parker was booked for a late tackle on Hull's Egyptian striker Amr Zaki, and boss Gianfranco Zola chose to leave him out of the starting line-up for Old Trafford on Tueday night.
Despite that, Zola was still delighted with his contribution, as well as that of midfield partner Radoslav Kovac.
You may also want to watch:
"Scott is one of my key players," said Zola. "Today he was really good, but I must say that Kovac right now has been massive.
"He is working so hard and he is also helping Scotty's game because he can be released a little bit more to go forward."
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
Parker's recent form has been international-class, but Zola feels that he is unlikely to get a call-up anytime soon.
"I think he is a little unlucky because in that position he has got so many competitors, very good ones," he said.
"Plus I believe Fabio Capello is going to go for players he knows.
"But you never know what will happen, as long as he can play at this level, anything can happen.