Parker pens new contract
WEST HAM S midfield general Scott Parker has signed a new deal that will keep him at Upton Park until the summer of 2013. The 28-year-old former Newcastle United man, has been an integral part of manager Gianfranco Zola s team and this seems to be great n
WEST HAM'S midfield general Scott Parker has signed a new deal that will keep him at Upton Park until the summer of 2013.
The 28-year-old former Newcastle United man, has been an integral part of manager Gianfranco Zola's team and this seems to be great news for Hammers fans after the player was linked with a move to Manchester City during the transfer window.
"I am very happy, pleased and excited, especially after all the speculation in the transfer window, that I can now put that to rest and sign a new long-term contract," he said.
"The manager showed a real desire to keep me. He sees me as a massive part of the squad and that meant a lot to me, especially when there were things being written everywhere - I am delighted to sign."
You may also want to watch:
West Ham will now attempt to secure Rob Green and Matty Upson on new long-term contracts before the beginning of next season.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people