Parker pens new contract
WEST HAM S midfield general Scott Parker has signed a new deal that will keep him at Upton Park until the summer of 2013. The 28-year-old former Newcastle United man, has been an integral part of manager Gianfranco Zola s team and this seems to be great n
WEST HAM'S midfield general Scott Parker has signed a new deal that will keep him at Upton Park until the summer of 2013.
The 28-year-old former Newcastle United man, has been an integral part of manager Gianfranco Zola's team and this seems to be great news for Hammers fans after the player was linked with a move to Manchester City during the transfer window.
"I am very happy, pleased and excited, especially after all the speculation in the transfer window, that I can now put that to rest and sign a new long-term contract," he said.
"The manager showed a real desire to keep me. He sees me as a massive part of the squad and that meant a lot to me, especially when there were things being written everywhere - I am delighted to sign."
You may also want to watch:
West Ham will now attempt to secure Rob Green and Matty Upson on new long-term contracts before the beginning of next season.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings