Parking madness is everywhere in Barking & Dagenham
Further to your article about the parking problems at one of the boroughs schools, I have to say they are not alone; this happens at many if not all schools. I live near Dorothy Barley Infants and written to the council s parking department about the pro
Further to your article about the parking problems at one of the boroughs schools, I have to say they are not alone; this happens at many if not all schools.
I live near Dorothy Barley Infants and written to the council's parking department about the problem for years not months.
I rarely even get a reply. The one I did get promised the CCTV car and wardens.
Did we actually see any, no, of course we didn't.
Even if we did, as I have pointed out to them, it is no deterrent to these lazy parents because they would be in plain sight, in uniform, etc, and what idiot would park illegally or dangerously in front of these?
I am told that they couldn't possibly give out tickets unless they are clearly visible, they cannot hide. Funny then, how they can issue tickets using CCTV cameras around the rest of the borough so you don't know you have a ticket until it lands on your doorstep.
- 1 Man in 50s in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
This is what is needed at the schools. A few tickets might be the deterrent these parents need.
Watching the atrocious parking would be laughable if it were not so dangerous and inconsiderate.
We have had cars parked three deep down the middle of the banjo opposite the school gates, thus blocking any residents getting in or out.
They just stop in the middle of the road to let the kids in or out, so hold up all vehicles behind them.
Not only do we have to put up with this, but when they park up waiting for the kids to come out, they seem to think its a great time to clear out their car of rubbish and empty their ash trays onto the road for the wind to then disperse into our gardens.
Would they like this done outside their homes, I don't think they would. Dare to say anything to them and you get abuse.
I really do despair at the lack of thought or consideration for anyone else. Selfish is definitely the right word.
Name and address supplied