Party like it's the 1980s
DIG out your leg warmers and that mullet wig to party like it s 1985. The Broadway theatre turns the clock back 20 years for Pop Goes the 80s on Saturday night. DJ Max Power is the cheestastic host who will have everyone dancing around their handbags alo
DIG out your leg warmers and that mullet wig to party like it's 1985.
The Broadway theatre turns the clock back 20 years for Pop Goes the '80s on Saturday night.
DJ Max Power is the cheestastic host who will have everyone dancing around their handbags alongside a cast of singers, dancers and musicians, breathtaking lights, dazzling laser shows and lavish costumes.
The night celebrates the a decade which brought us the new romantics and the birth of electro pop through to the age of soft rock. Hits will include Spandau Ballet's Gold, Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Michael Jackson's Thriller, Duran Duran's Rio and many more.
You may also want to watch:
The music starts at 8pm at the theatre in Broadway, Barking. Tickets �17.50.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences