Party like it's the 1980s
DIG out your leg warmers and that mullet wig to party like it s 1985. The Broadway theatre turns the clock back 20 years for Pop Goes the 80s on Saturday night. DJ Max Power is the cheestastic host who will have everyone dancing around their handbags alo
DIG out your leg warmers and that mullet wig to party like it's 1985.
The Broadway theatre turns the clock back 20 years for Pop Goes the '80s on Saturday night.
DJ Max Power is the cheestastic host who will have everyone dancing around their handbags alongside a cast of singers, dancers and musicians, breathtaking lights, dazzling laser shows and lavish costumes.
The night celebrates the a decade which brought us the new romantics and the birth of electro pop through to the age of soft rock. Hits will include Spandau Ballet's Gold, Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Michael Jackson's Thriller, Duran Duran's Rio and many more.
You may also want to watch:
The music starts at 8pm at the theatre in Broadway, Barking. Tickets �17.50.
- 1 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 2 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 3 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 4 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 7 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 8 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 9 Pictures: We Are FSTVL over the years
- 10 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath