Appeal by charity to help sick and injured pets in the local area
- Credit: Google
Staff and volunteers at Barking PDSA, a charity that provides low cost and free veterinary care to sick and injured pets, are urging people to have a clear out this weekend and donate any unwanted items to help sick and injured pets in the local area.
The shop is in urgent need of items such as DVDs, books, good sellable kitchen items as well as home furnishings such as vases, pictures and ornaments.
Donations can be taken to the shop from Monday to Saturday, between 9am and 5pm, with parking available to the rear via Vicarage Fields.
PDSA Shop Manager, Sarah Bargus, said: “As well as de-cluttering your home, you’ll be helping a very worthy cause at the same time.
“All money raised from the sale of these items will help the sick and injured pets of people in need.”
You may also want to watch:
The shop is located at 50 Station Parade, Barking.
- 1 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 7 Comedian: 'Outrage at protests is why they work'
- 8 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 9 Dagenham seal empathic comeback to thrash Solihull Moors
- 10 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award