Peacock tee time
THERE was a great turn out for the Peacock bi-annual Golf Society day at the Woolston Manor Golf and Country Club. First of the 54 golfers to tee off, was Peacock regular Bradley Walsh, who was joined by TV sports commentator Steve Holdsworth. Up for gr
THERE was a great turn out for the Peacock bi-annual Golf Society day at the Woolston Manor Golf and Country Club.
First of the 54 golfers to tee off, was Peacock regular Bradley Walsh, who was joined by TV sports commentator Steve Holdsworth.
Up for grabs was a set of Taylor golf clubs donated by John Sharpe of Branded Stocks and the trophies supplied by the society.
Winner on the day was James Stratford with a massive 44 points and nearest to the pin was Andy Capp of North Woolwich.
The day raised �1,830 for the up-coming Peacock Youth trip to Center Parcs.
NEWHAM'S George Penny lost a split decision to S. Riley (New Ashley) at the Hornchurch show at Dukes Hall on Friday.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 9 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
While fellow 15-year-old, Jake Henderson, also tasted a points defeat against Taylor Jordan, from the host club.