Peacock tee time
THERE was a great turn out for the Peacock bi-annual Golf Society day at the Woolston Manor Golf and Country Club. First of the 54 golfers to tee off, was Peacock regular Bradley Walsh, who was joined by TV sports commentator Steve Holdsworth. Up for gr
THERE was a great turn out for the Peacock bi-annual Golf Society day at the Woolston Manor Golf and Country Club.
First of the 54 golfers to tee off, was Peacock regular Bradley Walsh, who was joined by TV sports commentator Steve Holdsworth.
Up for grabs was a set of Taylor golf clubs donated by John Sharpe of Branded Stocks and the trophies supplied by the society.
Winner on the day was James Stratford with a massive 44 points and nearest to the pin was Andy Capp of North Woolwich.
You may also want to watch:
The day raised �1,830 for the up-coming Peacock Youth trip to Center Parcs.
NEWHAM'S George Penny lost a split decision to S. Riley (New Ashley) at the Hornchurch show at Dukes Hall on Friday.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 7 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Pictures: We Are FSTVL over the years
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
While fellow 15-year-old, Jake Henderson, also tasted a points defeat against Taylor Jordan, from the host club.